The Finance Manager plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Curling Manager and Event Manager to establish cash handling and billing procedures.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with Provincial and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee ticket sale receipts and reporting
- Oversee food and beverage accounting
- Prepares invoices for advertising sponsorships
- Oversees the collection and accounts receivable
- Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters, compile all post-show financial info to enter into GL, prepare show income/loss reports
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Oversee internal controls and cash handling
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Involved in Senior level management decisions for the venue
- Establishes the polices and procedures for all departments in regards to billing, collection and cash handling
- Other duties as required by the General Manager including acting as Manager on Duty as required
- Post-secondary school degree in business required
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of practical business accounting experience in a supervisory or management role
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- High level of proficiency with computers, Microsoft applications, accounting/payroll/ systems. Experience with Excel, Sage or other accounting program required. Extensive experience preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Consistent and reliable attention to detail, accuracy and validity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing, environment. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a diverse spectrum of individuals calmly, professionally, supportively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to delegate tasks efficiently and develop staff to next level.
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism, and discretion. Ability to execute solid management decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with company and business contacts.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.